Digital front door is any entry point or interoperability brought forth by technology. Better coordinating these virtual encounters promotes a more efficient and less tedious process.
Essential Components of Digital Front Door Strategy
Core essentials for building your digital front door strategy:
- Patient-centered design – What patients want or need to be more engaged in their healthcare
- Personalization – Adaptable to a patient’s situation and stage in life
- Interoperability – Better connectivity among stakeholders such as employers, payers, providers, and sometimes government entities.
- Automation – Replacing tedious parts of the workflow with artificial intelligence, machine learning, or robotic process automation.
Digital Front Door in the Current Healthcare Landscape
Examples of how technology enhances patient experience:
- Patients go to a practice website to gather information, pay a bill, complete online forms, or make an appointment.
- Patients check in for an appointment either online or by touchscreen kiosk.
- Doctors and patients meet virtually or communicate through the patient portal.
- Remote Patient Monitoring transmitting directly to the provider.
- Providers share notes and records, and fulfill pharmacy requests instantly
How can you make things easier for your patient and more efficient for your workflows with technology solutions?