Contact: Bill Riley| firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Executives to Speak on a Variety of Healthcare Trends Impacting Rural Physicians.
ANN ARBOR, Michigan, April 18, 2016 – Medical Advantage today announced the company is a returning sponsor of the MI Rural Healthcare Conference, an event hosted by the Michigan Center for Rural Health at Michigan State University for the benefit of physicians in rural geographies across the state of Michigan. The event takes place at the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort, Mt. Pleasant MI April 21 and 22.
Medical Advantage executives will share guidance and insights on a variety of healthcare trends impacting rural healthcare providers. Breakout sessions include:
- Dietitians, a Critical Component of Multidisciplinary Teams – by Meghan Sheridan, RD, CDE, Consultant and Project Manager, and Jon Broek, RD, Dietitian Care Manager
- Pharmacists, the Unsung Heroes of a Multidisciplinary Team – by Meghan Sheridan, RD, CDE Consultant and Project Manager, and Thanh D Ta, PharmD, Senior Care Manager
- Show Me the Money! Making Billing Count – by Candace L. Lewis, MBA, CPC, Director Revenue Cycle Management Services
- Case Studies – Lessons Learned in Care Management – by Meghan Sheridan, RD, CDE, Consultant and Project Manager
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Neighborhood – by Alissa Folger, Practice Transformation Coach
- MACRA Compliance Implications for Medicare Providers – by Tom Wolff, JD, VP of Client Services, and Candace L. Lewis, MBA, CPC, Director of Revenue Cycle Management Services
“We’re proud to play an active role at the rural health event this year,” said Paul MacLellan, CEO of Medical Advantage. “As our industry transforms to a fee-for-value model, there are many challenges and obstacles for independent physicians – especially those in rural areas. We’re excited to share our insights and best practices for rural healthcare providers during the conference.”
Medical Advantage manages CIPA, the Consortium of Independent Physician Organizations, which consists of a network of 40 physician organizations representing 1,200 physicians throughout Michigan – who are dedicated to the practice of independent medicine. Members include individual practices, group practices, rural health clinics, Federally Qualified Health Centers, and physician hospital organizations. Most CIPA physicians are independent solo practitioners located in both urban and rural settings. Last year alone, Medical Advantage helped CIPA members earn $17 million in additional practice revenue from fee schedule increases and financial incentives. Beyond Michigan, Medical Advantage recently launched CIPA Ohio – extending the same benefits to independent physicians in Ohio.
About Medical Advantage
Medical Advantage simplifies the delivery of efficient, high-quality healthcare for medical practices, health centers, physician organizations, hospitals and health systems. Medical Advantage helps doctors navigate the shifting healthcare landscape by providing the resources needed to deliver better patient care in the new value-based healthcare economy. Medical Advantage has two decades of expertise managing physician organizations and ACOs. Its ACO clients have demonstrated success in improving quality measures and reducing costs of care in Medicare’s Shared Savings Plan. Medical Advantage manages the Consortium of Independent Physician Associations as well as Professional Medical Corporation. To learn more, visit www.medicaladvantage.com.