Marketing is about bringing in new and returning patients, but it can also help patients understand the value a particular aspect of healthcare holds. Healthcare organizations around the world ramped up their telehealth capabilities during COVID-19 lockdowns, and with so much invested and so many benefits realized, we have some tips to keep your patients engaged.
7 Ways To Promote Your Telehealth Offering
- Determine Your Targets – Determine who benefits the most from telehealth to frame the messaging around specific needs. For example, patients with transportation challenges or busy professionals would greatly benefit from being aware of the convenience of virtual visits.
- Set Campaign Goals – What are your goals with telehealth and what does engagement success look like? As a motivator, set quantifiable targets such as how many new patient portals you want to see on a monthly basis.
- Update Your Website – A website that offers easy-to-find buttons to telehealth features such as portal access, online scheduling, and online bill payment reminds the patient that these are all options available to them at any time, right on your home page.
- Publish Blog Content – Blogs are highly effective at answering frequently asked questions and explaining important concepts. Keyword value in optimized blog content can help your practice be discovered by new patients seeking telehealth specifically.
- Social Media & Email Blasts – Patients (like anyone else) form good habits through repetition. Communication through email, social media, and maybe even text messaging is a gentle nudge to take advantage of convenient telehealth features
- Update Listings – Even if you offer telehealth, patients looking for a new provider may assume that you don’t offer telehealth services (such as virtual visits) when you don’t have it listed on your online profiles. Be sure that every directory listing associated with your practice discloses all your core services including telehealth.
- Paid Campaigns – In a tight market, it’s important to be found when patients are looking for specific services. Paid campaigns help patients find you when looking for telehealth services.
What efforts can you make this month to increase telehealth engagement?