Updated January 1, 2020
Medical Advantage strives to ensure that information contained on our website is current, accurate, and reliable. Factors beyond Medical Advantage’s control, however, preclude us from any offer of any warranty or guarantee of any nature concerning the accuracy or reliability of any information contained on our website. Medical Advantage additionally assumes no responsibility for any linked content.
Medical Advantage’s website is intended to serve as a resource to persons interested in decreasing the cost and improving the quality of healthcare. Users of Medical Advantage’s website are warned that they rely on any information contained on the website at their own risk.
By accessing Medical Advantage’s website, you have directed your system to a computer located in the State of Michigan. Any and all disputes arising from the content of Medical Advantage’s website are to be governed exclusively by the laws of the State of Michigan and jurisdiction shall be subject exclusively to courts located within Ingham County, Michigan.
Medical Advantage recognizes the importance of respecting and maintaining your privacy. In the course of providing you with a wide array of information about our healthcare consulting services, Medical Advantage may gather information about you. We assure you that we strive to take all reasonably available steps to safeguard all such information of a confidential nature. Medical Advantage will not voluntarily disclose or use the information except as required to provide you with healthcare consulting services.
Although Medical Advantage has procedures and technologies in place to protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information, because of the current regulatory climate surrounding use of the Internet, as well as the possibility of unintended disclosures caused by third-party negligence or malfeasance, Medical Advantage cannot guarantee that information posted on this site will remain confidential at all times. In addition, to the extent you provide or access information on Medical Advantage’s system through the use of a password, we encourage you to keep your password confidential and secure, as we cannot be responsible for acts resulting from the unauthorized use of your password.
By utilizing this site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this privacy statement. In addition, by using this site, you agree to hold Medical Advantage harmless for any liability or damage arising from disclosure of confidential information gathered by Medical Advantage in connection with your use of this site.
What Information Do We Collect?
Depending on your relationship with Medical Advantage, we may collect and process various types of your personal information, most of which we get by asking you to provide it to us. The types of personal information we may collect include the following:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number).
- Financial information (such as credit/debit card number).
- Employment/professional information (such as occupation, title, and work experience).
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth, gender, and ethnicity).
- Geo-location information (such as city/state, ZIP code, and physical location or movements).
- Internet or other electronic/online network activity information (such as IP address, device type, operating system, and duration of session).
- Inferences drawn from the above categories of personal information reflecting your preferences, characteristics, behaviors, attitudes, and abilities.
In addition to the above categories, you may provide us with additional pieces of information when you apply for a job, or create an account, update, or add information to your account.
How Do We Collect Information?
Medical Advantage may collect your personal information from a variety of sources including:
- Website Form Submissions
- Online Analytics Services (Google Analytics, Google Search, Console, Hubspot, Microsoft Clarity)
- Sales Processes
Reasons We Collect/Use Information
There are a variety of reasons why Medical Advantage may collect and share your personal information. The reasons are as follows:
- Perform our services and respond to requests. We may use personal information to provide the services or products you buy, process payments, and perform other services requested by you.
- Protection and security. We may use personal information to protect the security and integrity of Medical Advantage, our users, and others.
- Administrative communications. We may use personal information to send you important information regarding our services, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- Marketing communications and mailing lists. We may use personal information to show you content based on your interests, including to notify you about our promotions or invite you to participate in surveys.
- Internal business purposes. We may use personal information collected from the categories mentioned for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new offerings, and monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of our services.
- Legal and regulatory. We may use personal information to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations (such as compliance with anti-money laundering procedures or tax reporting, and to prevent fraud or other illegal activities).
The types of information that may be gathered by Medical Advantage in connection with your use of our website, which we would ask you to provide us, include information relevant to providing you our products and services.
The information above illustrates, but does not exhaust, the kind of information that may be necessary for Medical Advantage to collect in order to serve our customers’ needs. Subject to the provisions above, we will not intentionally disclose any information of a confidential or sensitive nature unless authorized or we are required to disclose the information pursuant to a court order or request from the courts, law enforcement, or regulatory officials.
Medical Advantage does not offer financial incentives for the use of personal information.
With Whom We Share Information
Medical Advantage may share or otherwise disclose your personal information we collect to the following third-party business partners:
- Third-party service providers. We may share personal information with third-party service providers who provide us with services, such as data analysis, online advertising, payment processing, order fulfillment, IT services, customer service, and other similar services. We grant our service providers access to personal information only to the extent needed for them to perform their functions and require them to protect the confidentiality and security of such personal information.
- Business transfers or assignments. In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer any information that we collect from site users or offline to a third party.
- Law enforcement; emergencies; compliance. We may disclose personal information about you to others as we believe to be appropriate: (i) under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations and property interest; (vi) to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of Medical Advantage, our employees, users of our service, or others; and (vii) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages we may sustain.
- At your direction. We may use and disclose your personal information as you otherwise consent.
Medical Advantage does not knowingly collect personal information of minors without consent from a parent or guardian. If you believe Medical Advantage possesses personal information of a minor without proper consent and you are the parent or guardian, please contact us using the information listed below.
Your Rights (California Residents)
You may have certain rights and choices regarding our processing of your personal information if you are a California resident. California law may entitle you to the following rights:
- Right to request: You may have a right to request that Medical Advantage disclose to you the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information we have collected in the last twelve (12) months, including whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and the purpose, and with whom it was shared. Your right to request such information is limited to twice every twelve (12) months.
- Right to opt-out: You may opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
- Right to delete: You may have a right to request that Medical Advantage delete your personal information (with limitations).
- Right to non-discrimination: You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by Medical Advantage for exercising any of the above privacy rights.
Please see below for information on how to exercise your rights. Please note that a large portion of the personal information collected and processed by Medical Advantage
may be out of scope for certain individual rights as it falls under exemptions for information collected under applicable federal laws, including but not limited to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA).
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your rights, including submitting a verifiable request, please complete the online form or contact us using the information listed below. Because we take the protection of your personal information seriously, in order to process this request, your identity must be verified. We reserve the right to verify your identity in connection with any requests regarding personal information to help ensure that we provide the information we maintain to the individuals to whom it pertains and allow only those individuals or their authorized representatives to exercise rights with respect to that information.
If you are an authorized agent or parent/guardian making a request on behalf of an individual or your minor child, we may require and request additional information to verify that you are authorized to make that request.
We reserve the right to deny your request if we cannot verify your identity. Where we deny your request in whole or in part, we will inform you of the denial, provide an explanation of our actions, and the reason(s) for the denial.
We will not restrict or deny you access to our services because of choices and requests you make in connection with your personal information.
Your browser may offer “cookies,” temporary files used to facilitate your website access. If you allow their use, cookies store small amounts of data on your computer that allow you to better experience our websites’ features. Cookie information is not shared with any other entity. You may configure your browser to reject cookies and still access our websites.
Hyperlinks to Third-Party Sites
The Medical Advantage website content includes a number of hyperlinks to the sites of third parties. These hyperlinks are provided as a service to our users when the site might contain some pertinent information for our users. The privacy policies of these third-party sites, such as the types of information collected and the use of the collected information, is unknown to and beyond the control of Medical Advantage.
Security and Protection of Personal Information
We assure you that we strive to take commercially reasonable steps to safeguard all such information of a confidential nature. We have put in place reasonable and appropriate technical and information safety safeguards designed to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal information and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal information. While it is our practice to take reasonable steps to secure personal information, the confidentiality of information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting personal information over the Internet.
39555 Orchard Hill Place, Suite 445
Novi, MI 48375